Demanding Equity For All
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The YMCA of Greater Boston is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging. We recognize that systemic racism shows up in every aspect of society, creating disparities in health, education, housing, employment, and wealth accumulation. We will work to eradicate these disparities by: building bridges between diverse groups; creating communities free of racism, inequities, and inequality; and offering programs, services, and spaces where everyone is seen, heard and safe. We will demand equity for all.
The Y strengthens communities. Lasting personal and social change comes about when we all work together. As reported in our Form 990, we proudly provided more than $6.5 million in free and/or subsidized programming and services to thousands of children, individuals, and families across Greater Boston in 2021. This critical support was made possible by the enormous generosity of many individuals, funders and organizations.
Learn more about our work in hunger prevention efforts in Boston.
View Full Documentary
- $3.3 Million Financial assistance provided for Out-of-School Time and Camps.
- 4 Million+ Meals and groceries delivered.
- 20,000 Swim lessons provided for youth under 18 to keep them safe and confident around our many waterfronts.
- 3,000 Children found academic support in our Out-of-School Time programs.
- $650,000 Financial Assistance provided in Membership For All and Youth Aquatics & Sports programs.
Lunar New Year at the Wang YMCA
Staff at our Wang YMCA of Chinatown explain the significance of Lunar New Year and how they celebrate with their loved ones.
Black History Month at the Y
Black Leaders and Stories at the Y
Listen to some of our Y Leaders share their experiences and speak on the importance of Black leadership and representation in our communities.