- Intensive (8:30 AM – 12:30 PM): Improve all your English skills: pronunciation, speaking, and listening from 8:30 AM – 9:45 AM, then grammar, reading, and writing from 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM.
- Regular (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM): Improve your English grammar with reading and writing activities.
- Pronunciation and Conversation (8:30 AM – 9:45 AM): Be able to have natural conversations in real-life settings with native English speakers. Each week has an interesting and useful theme, includes vocabulary, and provides ample pronunciation practice.
- Evening English 4 Nights or 2 Nights (6:00 PM – 9:00 PM): The evening class combines the Conversation & Pronunciation course with Grammar, Reading, and Writing course so you cover all language skills.
- Saturday Classes (9:00am-12:00pm) $250
- Special Advanced English Classes (10:00 AM – 12:30 PM): Choose between advanced Pronunciation and Conversation, Business English, or Test Preparation (TOEFL and IELTS) classes.
- Academic Reading and Writing (1:00 PM – 2:30 PM): Improve your reading and writing skills, and learning academic English vocabulary.
PRONUNCIATION AND CONVERSATION
Become a more fluent, confident, and accurate user of English! Participate in interactive classroom exercises, group discussions, and workshops to improve speaking and pronunciation skills. Give individual presentations.
Improve your vocabulary and share your opinions as they relate to the following topics:
GRAMMAR, READING, AND WRITING
In the Advanced level you will:
- Use past, present, and future tenses more accurately and in complex combinations.
- Review details such as articles, quantifiers, and noun modifiers.
- Use noun, adjective, and adverb clauses to add detail and sophistication.
- Use and understand the passive voice.
- Use modals to express real and unreal conditions, necessity and certainty.
- Give individual and group presentations, discussions and debates.
- Read longer articles, and write multi-paragraph essays.
You will receive a grammar textbook to use in class. The cost of the book is included when you register for the class.
Improve your pronunciation, intonation, and American accent so you are more easily understood by native speakers and so you can better understand them.
- Practice mechanics of pronunciation (tongue and mouth position for each sound/phoneme)
- Use formal and informal language in dialogues, monologues, and phone conversations for real-life settings
- Understand how tone changes meaning
- Correctly stress, link, back chain, and chunk words and sentences
TEST PREPARATION (TOEFL AND IELTS)
TOEFL and IELTS are the most common English exams in the U.S. and around the world. This class prepares you with the strategies needed during the exam. You will learn tips for the reading and listening questions and will practice the speaking and writing sections. The course includes:
- A basic overview of what each section of the test(s) contain(s)
- An understanding of question types and the best strategies for answering them
- Academic vocabulary and grammar development
- Skill building including summarizing, paraphrasing, note-taking and analyzing charts and graphs
Practice real-life business vocabulary and expressions used in the American workplace,
- Write emails, cover letters, and resumes
- Understand formal and informal language use
- Learn vocabulary and expressions used in business settings
- Produce management, human resources, and marketing projects
UNIVERSITY READING AND WRITING
Do you want to go to college or a university in the U.S.? Are you already attending one and want some help so you can be more successful and get better grades? Students choose an essay to develop each month and add complexity and research over time. Specifically, you’ll learn…
- The correct style of academic essay writing (introductions, effective paragraphs, and conclusions)
- Techniques to avoid plagiarism
- Reading strategies, such as how to improve reading speed
- The building blocks of academic English (prefixes, roots, and suffixes)
- New techniques and approaches to mastering advanced vocabulary
- The writing process (planning, drafting, citing)