Are you looking for high-quality English classes that fit your personal or company’s budget? The YMCA International Learning Center is the place for you!
- Open since 1975.
- Serving over 750 students each year
- Representing more than 40 countries
- Ranked as one of the top 10% schools in Massachusetts
WE ARE CONVENIENTLY LOCATED AT 100 Franklin Street, Lower Level, IN DOWNTOWN BOSTON AND NEAR the Orange Line, Red Line, and Green Line.
OFFERING ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASSES AT BEGINNER, INTERMEDIATE, AND ADVANCED LEVELS
- The ILC has many differnt types of classes:
- Affordable tuition classes start every month (approximately $5/hour!)
- Free long term classes for students who qualify
- Classes on or near work-sites of participating businesses
OFFERING FREE ESL CLASSES FOR THOSE WHO QUALIFY
1. Complete the online registration form
2. Come to an information session to register and take the grammar test.
a. Monday, Wednesday, or Friday at 11:30am or Monday or Thursday at 5:45pm
b. No RSVP needed. Walk-ins welcome.
c. Spanish language support provided.
If you are interested in a free class and you qualify, you will be invited back for a second session to complete additional application steps.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com, call 617-927-8244, or come to the school.
Why do students from more than 50 countries choose to learn English at the International Learning Center?
- All nationalities, languages, and educational backgrounds are welcome!
- Our classes are a great value and affordable price: as low as $5 per hour or Free
- Our staff is friendly with strong teaching experience
The ILC has been recognized for excellence by:
- Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
- English for New Bostonians
- First Literacy
- Mayor’s Office of Jobs and Community Services
- Boston Opportunity Network
Locations for English classes:
- 100 Franklin Street, Lower Level, Boston, MA
- 523 Main Street, Woburn, MA
- East Boston
- And more!
Meet the ILC Staff and Students:
COME JOIN OVER 31,000 STUDENTS WHO HAVE IMPROVED THEIR ENGLISH AND REACHED THEIR GOALS
We have a long and proud history: Our first coordinated educational programs started in 1875. The Y’s “Evening Institute” came about in 1896, to serve immigrants, the unemployed, college students, and members of the armed services.
“The YMCA changed my life dramatically and changed it for the better. Before joining the program, I felt unsure about my future in America—would I ever find a job? Would I ever feel like I belonged? The fantastic teaching helped build my confidence in English day by day. I would NEVER have been able to transition to this career without the YMCA ILC programs and am grateful for it every day.”
--An, from China, graduate employed at Fidelity Investments
523 Main Street, Woburn, MA 01801
General questions: 781-935-6499
Questions about free programs: 617-933-0517
|M-Th||8:30am - 7:00pm|
|Fri||8:30am - 4:30pm|
See map: Google Maps
Executive Director: Anne Meyers
Director: Sarah Harkleroad