The YMCA of Greater Boston invested over $1.5 million this summer to ensure that 25,000 children across greater Boston had access to enriching and transformative summer programs, facilities that stayed open late, and supportive, caring adults as teachers, guides and mentors.
At the Y, we know hunger doesn't take the summer off. Our summer food program provided over 200,000 meals and snacks.
Through our summer learning programs, we helped kids beat the summer slide and start the school year ready to learn.
Our partnership with the Boston Police Department enhances community and police relations.
YMCA of Greater Boston #GiveSummer Program Initiative in the news:
- Boston Globe. Dance with a Cop - online (Instragram)
- Bay State Banner. Get Summer interview with James Morton
- Boston Herald. Camp Ponkapoag - Summer Learning Academies (and Facebook video)
- WBZ 4 Your Community. Interview with James Morton
- NECN's The Take. James Morton and R. Walker
Many thanks to our partners, featured below, whose donations and support have made #GiveSummer possible.
The Doe Family Foundation
Michael L. Bivins Alan & Susan Tuck C. Ann Merrifield & Wayne Davis