- Our Cause
- Programs For Job Seekers
- Looking for Talent?
- The YMCA
Programs for Job Seekers
Laid off? Unemployed? Need more computer skills to get back to work?
Our twenty-week program is free and open to everyone. Contact us and we will help you apply for free training. There is no prior experience necessary but you must have a High School diploma or GED. We work with speakers of English as a second language.
We have full-time, professional instructors who will help you learn office and computer skills, no matter what your level. They are experts with experience who can help guide you through your job search and they are always here for you when you need.
Our curriculum has four steps:
1. Weeks 1-4: Core Skills
- Overview of the computer
- Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel
- Business Math
- Email & Internet Navigation
- Customer Service and Call Center
2. Weeks 5-8: Specializations
- Administrative Assistant/Office Support – Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, intro to Access, filing, data entry, project management, meeting facilitation & agendas, reception, travel arrangements and itinerary, conference preparation
- Financial Services – overview of financial services, banking regulations, mutual fund concepts, foreign currency.
- Insurance – overview of property and casualty insurance, policies, claims, and regulations, intermediate Microsoft Excel, AMS software
- Medical Office Support – Medical terminology, HIPAA, patient registration and scheduling, intro to billing and coding, front desk and phone procedures, medical records management
3. Weeks 9 -12: Office Simulations
- Working in departments, trainees perform all the work to keep these virtual companies operating, including customer service, order processing, record keeping, and management.
- We have three simulated “companies” during these weeks:
JK Distributors – a virtual distribution company – customers, suppliers, accounting, bank
TIFSA Insurance Company – a “virtual” insurance agency
The Wellness Clinic – a “virtual” health care medical office
4. Weeks 11-20: Internships
- 8 weeks, 4days/week internships at one of Training, Inc.’s many employer partners
- Trainees learn job skills and meet job requirements at unpaid internship sites
- 50% of internships lead to job offers
- Internship supervisors provide references and networking to other employers
Throughout the entire 20 weeks, we have ongoing job search preparation that includes resume and cover letter editing, interview practice, and online search and applications.